Who is the LPMA
As a district Branch of the American Psychiatric Association, the LPMA strives to promote mental health, support quality treatment of psychiatric disorders, and support the professional agenda and standards of our national organization.
The mission of the Louisiana Psychiatric Medical Association, a district branch of the American Psychiatric Association, is to:
- promote universal and equitable access to the highest quality care for all people with mental health needs and their loved ones;
- advance and represent the profession of psychiatry; and
- serve the professional needs of its membership through advocacy, collaborations, education and mentorship.
- High quality patient care
- Highest ethical stands of professional conduct
- Advocacy for our profession and patients
- Health equity, diversity and inclusion
- Lifelong professional learning